Taylor posted (49073) a link to yet another great online book. According to Paul K, author of the online book “Investment Guide“, the book was written to help an investor to
- Implement the five essentials of investing,
- Understand and manage risk,
- Evaluate and select mutual funds,
- Recognize and control the devastating effects of cost,
- Develop and write an Investment Policy Statement,
- Evaluate and choose an Investment Advisor, and
- Locate a large collection of reference material.
According to data posted HERE, the real yields of TIPS are getting attractive
|Date||5 yr||7 yr||10 yr||20 yr*|
Larry posted a note (49100) on the Diehards website about this today. The upcoming treasury auctions on April 10 (10-yr TIPS) and April 20 (5-yr TIPS) might be good opportunities to get some nice yielding TIPS.